Sunday, April 19, 2009

April 19, 2009

Hello every one! Here is my first post done all by myself! You will see all sorts of mistakes. In fact you might do better to scroll down to the bottom of this post and read up as I forgot that it works backwards. Oh well, at least I've posted right!

I miss you all and love you very much!

Here is a picture of my new Living room furninture. I love it! It really help my Living Room to feel more finishe. I found the two plaid chouches on Craig's list for $200.00 and they are practically brand new. This isn't a very good picture. The sun was right in the spot where it didn't give me enough light but the light in the living room didn't do any good either. I'll have to try again later.

Here are my monkeys Easter morning! It was so much fun!

Levi decided that if Shannon was going to feed him, he was going to feed her! He just didn't quite grasp the whole let them see what you're doing plan and he would suddenly shove a bite of food ate her face.

At diner Shannon ofcourse was the Mother Hen. Levi didn't want to finish his diner so Shannon decided that she would help him. It worked great! He finished his food.


Spencer's kite was an Iron Man kite. I wish I had gotten a picture of him opening it. I was a little worried that he would be bumed because it wasn't transformers which is his latest obsesion, but he was thrilled.

Curt, Janae, Levi and Marshall came over on Saturday. I had an extra kite in the garage so he got to have one too. He was so cute! He was very excited about the kite flying.

We bought a special kite this year for Kiersten. It was a blow up kite that was supposed to be easier to fly than a regular kite. It wasn't. You can tell by her face that she was getting a little frustrated. The other kid's kites did great! We just couldn't get hers up very high.


Jake and I do not have many family traditions that have not been carried on from one of our families. The kite flying in one of our very own. The Saturday before Easter the kids all get a kite. It is very fun and something the kids really look forward to.


Here we see baby Marshall. Like the angel that he is he slept through the whole thing. You will notice that my picture is sideways. Sorry about that. I am still new at this and I have no idea how to chane that.


Here are all the kids with their baskets full of goodies.


Spencer was so cute during the hunt. He would always throw his hand up and say " Ah HAH!" every time he found one.


You can see Kiersten's "purple hand" here. She was very sick just a few days before Easter. Her temperature would go from 100.3 to 105.7 in 30 minutes and that was on Tylenol. The doctor didn't want to wait for the results of her tests to start treating her. We knew there was a urin infection and that it was aggressive they just didn't know exactly what it was. So they started her on an IV antibiotic. We went in every day for 3 or 4 days. To get the meds. She would tell people "My hand is broken" when ever she could get someone to listen. It turned out that she had ecoli in her kidneys. Once they were able to determine what kind of infection it was we were able to treat with an oral medication. It is so much better but she really did great! The trick was getting her to take it easy with her hand. I kept finding her on the trampoline and such. Just try to keep a 3 year old down.

Shannon and Levi are quite inseperable when they are together. He held her time the whole time they were looking for eggs except for when he was picking them up.


Here we see our little guys going out for the egg hunt.



Here are the latest additions to our little farm. We now have 6 baby chicks. They are sooooo cute. It has been amazing watching them grow. 5 or 6 more months and we will have fresh eggs! Yummy!


Here is a picture of the kids with one of our chicks. They were very excited to see them and wanted to hold them, but they were a little nervous.



Here is a picture of Shannon in the snow. If you can spot her she is sitting in a snow cave that they found.

We had all the grand~babies together for baby Marshall's blessing. (Marshall is my brother Curt's baby). The little monkeys had a slumber party! Naturally they were so excited to do this that they all wanted to sleep together.


Shannon has a Hannah Montanna wig. Heidi plays the part well don't you think?



When Christy and her family were here the family went up to a cabin that belongs to some friends of the family. They had such a good time. There was so much snow! I stayed home with Kiersten. She had a double ear infection and was quite miserable.


Here is my little Kiersten. We are making a fruitsalad. It was definitely one of those situations where she would cut the banana and say "One for the salad, one for me" etc. She is so cute though what could I say?




When she was cutting the strawberries she got a lot of juice on the cutting board. When she cut the bananas she said "Oh no Mommy! The banana is bleeding!" Oh the funny things kids say!

of

4 comments:

John and Jamie said...

I just had to say you did a great job. you can now say you are a pro at the blogging, Thanks for the pictures I loved them. The kids looked like they all had a blast. I hope you guys had a good eater. Love you
Jamie

Desinator said...

Wow Megan! That is quiet the post!!! Don't worry it took me a good three tries before I got the whole pictures, backwards, thing :)
You living room looks Ah-mazing! :D
Looks like you guys have had a fun last couple of weeks! We miss you!

Hugs,
Desiree

purebloke said...

Look at you Megan! Using the computer like a pro! ;) I miss you girl! I can't believe how big you babies are getting. You can check us out at www.nieforth.net
Love you!
Kelly

~*~*HEIDI*~*~ said...

I'm so proud of my protogee (sp) You have learned well young grass hopper. You are now a blogging pro. Now I just need to teach you how to use the spell check! Ü Love you. See you tomorrow!